Hungary is one of the oldest European countries, situated in the middle of the continent in Central Europe. As member of the European Union and the Schengen visa zone, its citizens and residents are permitted to travel freely in the EU. The capital city is Budapest which attracts over 4 million tourists every year. The capital is also called “the Paris of Eastern Europe”, because of its monuments. The major attractions in Hungary are historic urban centers and a picturesque landscape, quality wines, thermal waters and a flourishing culture.The currency in Hungary is the Hungarian Forint (HUF). Hungary is a country with a modern lifestyle, while rural areas that still preserve their traditions and culture.
The student chooses Hungary because of the tradition and background of Hungarian universities also as a member of EU countries. The universities offer the lower cost of study and living in comparison to costs in other EU and North American countries. The Hungarian higher education has a considerable history. The first university in Hungary was established more than 600 years ago. There are several scientific research centers with international connections cooperating with the universities.Hungarian diplomas are accepted and have a high prestige throughout the world. The major reason that attracts student is the high standard of the programs with the quite favorable tuition fees and living cost comparing to other countries. Hungary is popular for studies in the sciences in the fields like medicine, dentistry and veterinary medicine.
Universities in Hungary
- University of Dunaújváros / DUNAÚJVÁROSI EGYETEM (DUE)
- University of Szeged University of Szeged
- Eötvös Loránd University
- University of Debrecen University of Debrecen
- Corvinus University of Budapest
- Budapest University of Technology and Economics
- University of Pécs
- Szent István University
- Kaposvár University
- University of West Hungary
- Széchenyi István University
- University of Pannonia
- University of Miskolc.
Tuition Fee (EUR €)
4,500 EURO-20,000 EUR per year
Living Expenses (EUR €): EUR 600 per month (Average)
Average Incomes in Euros per month
General required documents for a Hungarian Visa Application:
- Proof of enrollment in the university
- No-objection certificate from school or university
- Application form filled
- 2 photos must be attached (passport size)
- Your passport and copies of your previous visas – valid for at least 3 months beyond return date – are required. Your passport must have at least two blank pages.
- A copy of your return-ticket reservation. It is not recommended to purchase the ticket before obtaining the visa – if not otherwise required
- Travel visa insurance confirmation of minimum 30,000 € coverage within Hungary and the entire Schengen area
- Statement of Purpose (A cover letter stating the purpose of visit to Hungary and itinerary)
- Flight air ticket reservation with dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from Hungary
- Proof of accommodation for your entire stay
- Proof of sufficient financial means for the period of stay in Hungary.
For more details: http://www.schengenvisainfo.com/hungary-visa/