Austria, officially known as Republic of Austria is a German speaking, landlocked country in Central Europe. Austria is home to many world famous peoples-one of whom is Sigmund Frued, the world's first psychoanalyst.Similarly, there is Gregor Mendel-father of Modern Genetics,physicist Christian Doppler-famous for his discovery of Doppler effect, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart-one of the most influencial composer of Classical music and Arnold Schwarzenegger, who starred in the Terminator and Predator action film series and was governor of California from 2003- 2010. Along with these, Austria is a store house of cultural delight and to those who love cakes, it is the perfect place to look for. The tradition of baking cake in Austria goes back to centuries and there is fierce battle between cities' confectionaries to produce the best tortes. And if you are an outdoor person, many things are in store for you in Austria from hiking and cycling to skiing in winter.Quoted as being one of the “best cities” it is considered a cultural capital; home to 9 UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
Austia is becoming a hub for the international students. Among many of the reasons, few are given below:
Globally Recognized Degree
Austria combines a long tradition of higher education with state-of-the-art research – its higher education institutions have accomplished outstanding achievements on an international level and gained a high reputation.The university system in Austria falls under the Bologna Process within the European Higher Education Area. Therefore, the degrees obtained from Austria is recognized all over the world either for obtaining higher education or for the job search purpose.
There are about over 39 public, private, and teacher training schools in Austria that provide students with a very unique experience. International students in Austria have the opportunity to study within specialized universities such as Universities of College & Teacher Education, Universities of Applied Sciences, or Universities of the Arts. Each education institute provide their specialized education with a highly organized curriculum that focuses mainly on professional development. They have mandatory units for career-training as well as mandatory work based internships. Although many progams in Austria are offered in english language, there are also some courses that require proof of German proficiency.
A Satisfying Country
According to analysis of student testimonials on the world’s largest database of international student experiences, STeXX.eu, Austria offers one of the best study experiences in Europe. Austria received a total score of 9 out of 10, and placed in fourth position in terms of international student satisfaction in 2014. With its cultural richness and diversity, foreign students get to experience unforgetable social moments. The experience that the international students get in Austria is above average in comparision to other countries in Europe.
Great Way To Learn German
As the courses are available in English language as well, those who only have basic knowlege on German can also apply in Austria. Austria provide great opportunity for international students to learn German from the locals. It is great chance for those who wish to learn the German language.
- University of Vienna
- Medical University of Vienna
- Vienna University of Technology
- BOKU - University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna
- University of Veterinary Medicine Vienna
- WU (Vienna University of Economics and Business)
- University of Applied Arts Vienna
- University of Music and Performing Arts Vienna
- Academy of Fine Arts Vienna
- University of Graz
- Medical University of Graz
- Graz University of Technology
- University of Music and Performing Arts Graz (KUG)
- Montanuniversitaet Leoben
- University of Innsbruck
- Innsbruck Medical University
- University of Salzburg
- Mozarteum University Salzburg
- Johannes Kepler University (JKU) Linz
- University of Art and Design Linz
- University of Klagenfurt – Alpen-Adria-Universität Klagenfurt
- Danube University Krems
Popular Courses in Austria
- Administration Studies
- Art Studies
- Business Studies
- Economic Studies
- Energy Studies
- Engineering Studies
- Environmental Studies
- Management Studies
- Natural Sciences
- Performing Arts
- Social Sciences
- Technology Studies
- Tourism and Hospitality
Skill Shortages in Austria
- Milling machinists
- Technicians with a higher level of training (Engineer) for mechanical engineering
- Black toppers
- Metal turners
- Technicians with a higher level of training (Engineer) for data processing
- Technicians with a higher level of training (Engineer) for power engineering technology
- Graduate engineers in mechanical engineering
- (Speciality) power engineers
- Graduate engineers for data processing
- Graduate nurses
The average tuition fee for international students is € 726.72 per semester.
Austria is a country with no statutory minimum wage.€1,200 per month is the accepted unofficial monthly minimum wage.
The average monthly living expenses for a student in Austria are approximately 950 euros.
For scholarship, we recommend to begin application procedure at least 12 months prior to the intake. Scholarship deadlines vary among institutions.
Major Intakes: September
Minor Intakes: January
For Offer Letter
- Proof of nationality (photocopy of your passport)
- An equivalent secondary school leaving certificate
- Your certificate of special qualification for university studies (orig. German: "Nachweis der besonderen Universitätsreife"): you have to prove that you would be entitled to admission to your chosen degree programme in the country which issued your secondary education diploma.
- German language proficiency (secondary school leaving certificate confirming German lessons of at least 4 years or a German language diploma or similar documents)
For Visa Processing
- Proof of Admission to the relevent University or Institution
- Letter of Motivation
- Valid passport and travel documents
- All Academic Certificates
- Proof of knowledge of German Language ( Zertifikat B 1, or English language- IELTS/ TOEFL)
- Work Experience Certificates ( optional)
- Recent photo
- Relationship Certificate
- Translation of Citizenship + Date of Birth + Parents Citizenship + Income Source + Property Valuation
- Bank Balance Certificate/Statement
- Police Report